Crispy topped cod (slimming world friendly)

I was looking in the supermarket at the frozen fish products with toppings and I thought I can make something like that for much less less syns just needed to find something low syn to use as a topping.

 I love the new pop crisps from Walkers and at only 4syns per bag they make a great low syn snack and I thought they would also make a tasty crumb topping .

I thought the sour cream and chive flavour would be a good choice but think any of the flavours would be really nice and its a very simple recipe. I used cod as I had some in the freezer but any firm white fish would work as well.


Crispy topped cod


4 cod fillets
1 packet Walkers 'pops'
2 tablespoons lighter than light mayonnaise
salt and pepper
spray oil



Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper and lay the cod fillets on it and season with salt and pepper .
Put the pop crisps into a plastic bag and crush until they are crumbs

Spread the mayonnaise evenly over the cod fillets and then sprinkle the crisp crumbs over the top of the fish and very lightly spray with oil.

Bake in the oven at gas 6/200/400 for 15-20 minutes until the fish is cooked through and the crumbs are browned.


1  1/2 syns per portion on extra easy.




Popular Posts