Halloween meringue ghosts (Slimming World friendly)

I just made these for my Halloween party in my Slimming World class tonight, I have tried to make meringues with sweetener before and it just doesn't work well so I did use sugar but less than usual to make these (hence 1 syn each) but it's not too bad as a sweet treat just try not to eat them all!


Halloween Meringue Ghosts

4 large free range egg whites
8 tbsp caster sugar
pinch salt
tsp lemon juice


When making meringues you have to ensure everything is spotlessly clean as any speck of grease will stop the egg whites from whisking firmly. Place the egg whites and a pinch of salt  in a large bowl and whisk until the are forming stiff peaks, Gradually add the caster sugar a spoonful at a time and keep whisking until all the sugar is added then add the lemon juice and whisk for a couple more minutes.

I used a plastic bag with the corner cut off as a piping bag, Just fill the bag with the meringue and just pipe little swirls of meringue onto a baking tray lined with baking parchment.

Bake in a very low oven gas 1/2/100/200 for about an hour then turn the oven off and leave them to cool completely in the oven.

I had some black icing so just put two little dots as the ghosts eyes once the meringues were cooled.

Makes about 28 and work out 1 syn each.


Happy Halloween!!

Popular Posts