Slow cooker roast chicken (Slimming World friendly)

I know this is not an original idea and is scarcely a recipe but it is a great way to cook a chicken. My son Fred first showed me how to do this so thanks Fred!

By cooking the chicken in the slow cooker its stays really juicy and tender and as on Slimming World you wouldn't eat the skin it really doesnt matter that the skin isn't crispy. I also love the fact I can get in from work and it's all done.

I used a little spice mix I made up on this chicken but you can just use salt and pepper if you prefer,


Slow cooker roast chicken

1 large chicken (free range if possible )
salt and pepper
low calorie spray oil

Spice Mix (if liked)

1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp garlic powder

Mix together well


Place some scrunched up foil in the bottom of the slow cooker so the chicken isn't sitting in all the fat and juices and place the chicken on top.

Spray lightly with oil and season well with salt and pepper and the spice mix (if used).

Cook on 'low' for 8 hours , If you want to make the skin crispy after cooking (for someone not on SW!) then just place it in a roasting tin and put in a hot oven for 15-20 minutes.

Remove the skin before serving if you want it to be syn free

Syn free (if skin removed)  4.5 syns per 100g if skin included.


Popular Posts