Beetroot ketchup (Slimming World friendly)

I have seen a few recipes for this around so thought I'd give it a try, I adapted the recipe so it is now sugar free and Slimming World friendly.

 It couldn't be easier to make I used vacuum packed cooked beetroot but of course if you can access fresh beetroot you can cook them beforehand and then make the ketchup but don't use pickled. It's also very good for children who love the purple colour, I try to avoid aspartame as I don't think it's very good for you so I use stevia or splenda for cooking. The onion powder can be bought in most supermarkets it's with the spices.


Beetroot Ketchup

500g cooked beetroot (sliced)
250ml cider vinegar
2 tbsp sweetener (see above)
2 tsp onion powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper



Place everything in a saucepan and bring to the boil, Simmer for 30 minutes and leave to cool slightly. Simply blend in a food processor until smooth. If it's too thick just add a little water until it's the consistency you want.

Keeps for a few weeks in the fridge.

Syn free



Popular Posts