Slow cooker beef short rib ragu

 



My son Fred gave me the idea for making this but hadn't got around to it until last week when I was going to be out all day at a food festival and wanted to put a bolognese sauce in the slow cooker for when we got back. Having just returned from our holiday I realised in the morning I had no minced beef in the freezer. 

I did however have some beef short ribs I'd picked up reduced with the intention of cooking them on the BBQ and then remembered my son making a beef short rib ragu so thought would give it a try the whole family loved it and it was so easy and delicious. 


Slow cooker beef short rib ragu


2 beef short ribs

1 large onion (diced)

2 cloves garlic (crushed)

1 x 400g can chopped tomatoes

1 x 400g carton tomato passata

2 tbsp tomato puree

1 beef stockpot (or stock cube)

1 tsp dried oregano

1 tsp dried basil 

tsp each of salt and pepper 


So easy just place everything in your slow cooker and cook on low for 8 hours. Once finished remove lid and take out the beef short ribs (the meat will be falling off the bones).  Put the beef in a separate bowl and remove any excess fat and sinew and then shred the meat and add it back to the slow cooker and mix well. Taste in case it needs more salt or pepper. 

Serve over pasta of your choice. 

Serves 4-6







Popular Posts