Potch (A Welsh favourite)



I'd never heard of this until I moved to Wales (30+ years ago I call myself Welsh adopted) it is easy and delicious. It is really economical too makes mashed potato go a lot further and if you use my method for the swede http://vicki-kitchen.blogspot.com/2013/02/the-singing-swede-slimming-world.html it makes it even easier.

Cook your swede as according to the above instructions and you will have beautifully soft cooked swede all ready. 

I have no idea why it's called Potch but there we go .(Answers welcome) 


Potch

1 large swede (cooked as above or peeled and chopped and boiled until tender then mashed)
4 large potatoes (peeled, chopped and boiled in salted water until tender then mashed)

Mix both mashed vegetables together, Season well with salt and pepper and serve with large pat of butter on top if liked. 







Popular Posts