Sage and onion chicken traybake

 



I have always loved sage and onion flavours with chicken so thought would try it in a traybake. I just sliced  potatoes and onions placed in a deep baking tray and added chicken thighs on top.  I drizzled rapeseed oil over the top and lots of salt and pepper and dried sage. I mixed them all together very well. 

I roasted the tray at Gas 6 /200/400 until crispy and brown about 40-50 minutes and served with broccoli, peas and carrots. You can make a delicious gravy with the juices too.


Sage and onion chicken traybake 


1 kg chicken thighs (skin and bone in)

1 kg potatoes (sliced)

2 red onions (sliced) 

2 tsp dried sage 

2 tsp salt 

2 tsp pepper 


Place the onions, potatoes, sage and seasoning in a large roasting tin. Add the chicken thighs on top and mix everything well. 

Bake at Gas 6 /200/400 until done and the potatoes are soft and the chicken is cooked through.


 



Popular Posts