Easy air fryer Scotch eggs

 




To be honest I rarely put my oven on now since getting my airfryer so tried a few different versions of this and these came out great and so easy. It's important to get good quality sausages as it makes all the difference to the finished Scotch egg and also means you can vary the flavours I like to use   Cumberland sausage myself but any you prefer are fine.  I also like to use the golden yolk free range eggs as I feel the taste is much better and they look fab. 

The other trick to these is I used crushed doritos for the coating instead of regular breadcrumbs as it gives even more flavour. 


Easy air fryer Scotch eggs 

4 hardboiled eggs 

8 sausages (skins removed) 

100g Doritos (blitzed to crumbs) 

1 beaten egg 

Spray oil


Put the beaten egg in a shallow bowl and place the crushed Doritos in a separate shallow bowl. Take one of your hardboiled eggs and two of the sausages and mould the sausage meat around the egg until completely covered. It's easiest to do in the palm of your hand. 

Roll the Scotch egg in the beaten egg and then into the crushed Doritos until covered in the breadcrumbs. Repeat the process with the other three eggs. Place in your airfryer basket and spray lightly with oil. 

Airfry for 12 minutes on 'airfryer' mode. 


Enjoy!


  

Popular Posts