Air fryer tacos


 



I make no claims of the authenticity of these tacos but they are delicious! 

I love my airfryer and had the idea for making them this way as I thought the filling is cooked it's just really to melt the cheese. I make my own seasoning mix for tacos/fajitas but you can buy seasoning mixes very cheaply in most supermarkets. 

I think you need good quality minced beef too I had mine from Meatmatters (https://meatmattersltd.co.uk/), You can use lean if you want but I think you need a bit of fat to make it tasty.  Tacos are forgivable so pork or turkey  mince works well too and of course if you want to make them veggie use quorn or soya mince  but you will probably need a little oil in the pan when you start frying everything. 

I buy the small soft tortillas for this but top tip if you put them in a microwave safe mug and microwave for 30 seconds it crisps them up a bit and makes it easier to fill when they are in the cooking dish. 

This dish comes together really quickly and is family friendly feel free to add more spice or chilis if you like it hotter. 


Taco seasoning mix


2 tsp garlic granules
2 tsp onion granules
6 tsp mild chili powder
4 tsp smoked paprika
4 tsp salt
2 tsp cumin
4tsp chicken bouillon powder (or 4 chicken oxos crumbled into powder or if keeping it veggie use vegetable bouillon powder)


Mix all the ingredients together and store in a container in the cupboard, Makes enough for about 4 meals . 


Air fryer tacos 


500g minced beef (or mince of your choice)

1 red pepper (diced)

1 onion (diced)

2 tbsp tomato puree

250ml beef stock (from a stock pot or cube is fine)

1 tbsp of taco seasoning 

6-8 small soft tortillas (see top tip above)

150g grated cheese


Place the minced beef with the onion and red pepper in a large frying pan or wok and fry mixing well until the mince has browned and the onion and peppers are soft. Add about a tablespoon of the homemade seasoning mix or follow instructions on packet mix.  Put in the tomato puree and stock, mix well and bring to a simmer. 

Simmer until the liquid has almost evaporated, Give the mixture a taste in case you might need more seasoning. 

Prepare the tortillas as described above and then place them in an ovenproof dish, Spoon the mixture evenly between the six tortillas, Sprinkle on the grated cheese. 

Place in airfryer on 180 for 15-20 minutes until cheese is melted and brown. 

serve immediately with a big salad and enjoy!!




Popular Posts