Rustic creamy mashed potatoes (Slimming World friendly)

I love these potatoes and so easy to make you don't even peel the potatoes but you have to choose the right variety of potato. I use Marabel which I buy in ASDA which are thin skinned but suitable for mashing. I have used the red rooster potatoes too they are very good.

The picture also shows the turkey meatloaf  which I served with the mash and the recipe for that can be found by clicking here

Rustic creamy mashed potatoes

1 kg potatoes (see notes above)
1/2 tub quark
1 egg (beaten)
1/2 bunch chives (chopped)
salt and pepper

Cut the potatoes into smallish chunks and cook in boilng salted water until tender. Drain well and while still hot add the quark, chopped chives and beaten egg and mash, You aren't looking for a smooth mash because the skins give it texture (hence the rustic name!) Season with salt and pepper about a tsp of each and mix very well.

Syn free



Popular Posts