Christmas popcorn (Slimming World friendly)

Christmas popcorn (slimming world friendly)

I love finding recipes that I can adapt to make them slimming world friendly. My niece told me about this she saw it on Kirstie Allsop crafty Christmas. (Thanks Naomi :) Popcorn popped with no oil is quite low in syns only 5 syns per 25g and it weighs very light.

I popped the popcorn in the microwave in a plain brown paper bag just put a couple of tablespoons of the corn kernels in the paper bag and roll the top down a little way then microwave for just one minute , You will hear it popping in there and then after a minute you can check the corn has popped. I weighed the popcorn as I went and for this recipe used 50 grams of popped corn which made 8 portions of this popcorn. be very careful not to overcook as burnt popcorn is horrible :(

Christmas Popcorn 

50g popped popcorn
4 tbsp mincemeat

Place the popcorn in a bowl and mix in the mincemeat . It's best to do this with your hands and mix it all really well so the popcorn is well coated.

Spread the popcorn on a large baking tray and bake it at gas 5/ 375/190 for 5 minutes then check it, If its very lightly brown it is done if not pop back in for another minute or two. Leave to cool then break up.

I bagged it up in measurements of one cup and this made it just over 2 syns per portion. I took it to my class tonight for taster night and it went down very well. I may make a bowl of this to put out as a snack on Christmas Day too.

Have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!! Xxx

Popular Posts