Sticky Chinese pork belly

 



This is a really easy dish to make, You just add a few ingredients to a pan and let it bubble away while you get on with your evening. I use Shaoxing Chinese cooking wine as I have it in (I can't resist a big shop in the Chinese supermarket when I visit my daughter in Manchester) but you can substitute with some dry sherry or leave it out if you want to. 

It was served it with some stir fried greens and rice but it's also really good over noodles or stir fry vegetables.  


Sticky Chinese pork belly 


500-700g pork belly (cut into approximately 2 inch cubes) 

2 tbsp light soy sauce

1 tbsp dark soy sauce

2 cloves garlic (crushed)

1 tsp fresh ginger (grated or I use frozen) 

2 tbsp Shaoxing Chinese wine

1 tbsp brown sugar 


Place a large saucepan or stove top safe casserole dish over a medium heat, Add the pork belly and fry until lightly browned. 

Add all the other ingredients and enough water to just cover the pork and bring to a boil stirring so it doesn't stick. 

Reduce the heat and leave to simmer away stirring occasionally until the sauce has simmered down and is thick and sticky. 


Serves 4 


 



Popular Posts