Celery soup (Slimming World friendly)

It's definitely soup weather and this time of year I tend to take soup for my lunch every day for work. I bought one of those plastic soup bowls with the vented lids it makes it really easy to reheat in the microwave at work.

When I make this soup I keep it in a big plastic jug with a lid on in the fridge it keeps for about 5-7 days in the fridge. I often have some when I get in from work too while waiting for dinner to stop me picking. It freezes well too I freeze in those 'pour & store' bags pick them up from ASDA or home bargains.


Celery Soup


1 bunch celery (with leaves if possible just chopped roughly)
3-4 spring onions (chopped or a ordinary onion chopped)
2 large potatoes (diced no need to peel)
3 pints vegetable stock (from a cube or stockpot is fine)
2 tsp sage
low calorie spray oil
salt and pepper


Spray a large saucepan with the spray oil and add the celery, spring onions and potatoes, Sprinkle with a teaspoon of salt and fry gently over a low heat for a few minutes until the vegetables start to soften lightly but not brown. Just add a splash or two of water if they start to stick.

Add the sage and stock and bring to the boil and then reduce the heat and simmer for 30-45 minutes until the vegetables are soft.

Blend the soup either with a hand blender in the pan (the easiest way) or transfer to a food processor or liquidiser and blend in batches.

Add salt and pepper to taste (I like a lot of pepper in this soup)

You can also make this in the slow cooker by putting it all in together and cooking on low for 6-8 hours or in a pressure cooker using the manufacturers instructions.

Syn free and serves 4-6





Popular Posts