BBQ sauce (slimming world friendly)

It's BBQ weather at last (hooray!!) but I hate using my syns on sauces so make this syn free BBQ sauce. This is the sauce that's used in the BBQ pulled pork recipe so just thought why not make it to serve separately?

I have had comments that balsamic vinegar is expensive to use for sauces but I pick mine up from Lidl for £1. The garlic I use is crushed so does leave little bits in the sauce but if you want it completely smooth you can use garlic granules. If you like your BBQ sauce a bit more spicy feel free to add some chili powder.

Once the sauce is made and completely cold I store it in the fridge in a washed out old ketchup bottle. It keeps for ages.


BBQ sauce

5 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
2 cloves garlic (crushed) or 1 teaspoon garlic granules
3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon dried mustard powder
1/2 teaspoon  salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
500ml passata
4 tablespoons granulated  sweetener


Mix all the ingredients together in a saucepan and bring to a boil, Reduce heat and simmer until the sauce is thickened.


syn free



Popular Posts