Summer Pudding (Slimming World friendly)




I don't have many dessert recipes on here as I don't really have a sweet tooth but I was in my Zoom Slimming World meeting last Monday and we were talking about desserts and I remembered this pudding so said I would make it and share the recipe. My sister Sue catered my wedding many moons ago and she made this for some of our guests who were diabetic as it's sugar free.


It is really easy to make I used a individual pie dish but you could make a bigger one and portion it out. It's syn free if you use the bread as your healthy extra, I couldn't get the crustless wholemeal so I cut the crusts off slices of a small loaf and weighed them to 60g but if you can get the crustless wholemeal it might be easier and don't forget to give the crusts to the birds and don't eat them !


I know you have to syn cooked fruit but for this you just warm them till the juices start to run. You don't have to use the ribena you can just use water and some sweetener but I think it makes it tastier.


Summer Pudding

60g crustless wholemeal bread
150g frozen mixed berries
100ml water
30ml sugar free ribena (or any sugar free squash you like)
low calorie spray oil


Spray a small individual pie dish lightly with the spray oil.  Take the wholemeal bread slices and roll them out slightly so they become a little bit bigger and cut each slice into three strips. Line the dish with the bread and save some for the top.

Put the berries, water and ribena in a small pan and gently heat until the berries are defrosted and the juices have started to run.

Spoon the berries into the dish with some of the juice until full. Lay the rest of the bread over the top and spoon some of the juice over.  Cover with clingfilm and put in the fridge for a few hours or overnight. Save any of the excess juice and berries to serve with the pudding later.

Loosen the edges with a knife and turn it out onto a small plate and spoon over any extra berries and juice.

Syn free if using the bread as your healthy extra.






Popular Posts